Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day is just another day of the year

*This post is from my super cute, smart and funny friend who lives in Hollywood and is also navigating the rough dating seas. Hopefully she will become a regular contributor.

This Valentine's Day will go down in my personal history as an important day, but not for the obvious reasons. I am single and in the process of being set up on a blind date by a trusted friend. The gentleman in question and I played phone tag on Sunday but never connected. I woke up Monday, February 14th, thinking, well, I'll perhaps hear from him tomorrow.

I assumed he, like most men, wouldn't want to face the implications of calling a girl on Valentine's Day. You know, we might get the wrong idea entirely, catch the vapors or somehow become spontaneously impregnated with their child, or something. None of these things happened but I will tell you what did happen. I became incredibly turned on by this man's maturity level. I use the word man with purpose.

Praise be to all that's holy, he picked up the phone and called me back because he owed me a call and Valentine's Day is just another day of the year. No bullshit, no game playing, no crazy talk, no awkward text message.

I have yet to meet him and I already know I'm attracted to him. This kind of thing makes me want to get naked, for the good of the women of America because this behavior should be rewarded and encouraged.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment